Battery powered string trimmers are efficient, easy to operate, and your movements are not limited by the length of the electrical cord. You can easily cut tall weeds and grass, and keep your lawn neat and trimmed all year long. There are several battery powered weed whackers to choose from, but these top rated models stand out from the rest. Hopefully one of these string trimmers will be exactly what you need to make your yard chores quick and easy.
The Top Rated Cordless String Trimmers
Black & Decker LST 136W String Trimmer
This battery powered string trimmer is convenient to use, and easy to operate. You have the advantage of being able to convert the trimmer into an edger, along with the automatic line advance that keeps the string moving freely. With the ability to conserve battery power for a longer running time, along with the power drive transmission that delivers a consistent and reliable performance it is easy to see why this is one of the top rated cordless string trimmers.
- You have the advantage of being able to convert the trimmer to an edger with a simple twist of the shaft.
- This string trimmer features a convenient dial that lets you choose between maximum power for fast performance or longer running time to ensure you can finish your yard chores.
- The string trimmer includes a 40V lithium battery for optimal performance and long running time.
- It should be noted that this battery powered string trimmer is designed to be used in smaller yards, and may not have a long enough running time to finish an acre or more.
- Some consumers have mentioned that the edger can be difficult to maneuver, but this is usually due to inexperience with the tool.
GreenWorks 21332 G-MAX String Trimmer
This lightweight string trimmer is perfect for small yards, and is capable of cutting a 13 inch path through tough weeds and tall grass. You will love how easy it is to operate, along with its affordable price. This cordless string trimmer gives you the freedom to easily move around your yard, without being limited by the length of the cord. With a pivoting head that will reach tight places and an edging wheel to give your lawn a finished look, you will love how easy it is to complete all of your yard chores with this top rated string trimmer.
- You will appreciate the one touch button that starts the string trimmer on the first try.
- The trimmer features a rotating head that can get into hard to reach places, along with an edging wheel to help you finish the job.
- This cordless string trimmer is not only easy to operate, it will also help you leave a smaller carbon footprint on the environment.
- It should be noted that this cordless string trimmer does not include the battery or charger, which should be factored into your budget.
- Some consumers have mentioned that the head does not fully pivot, and might not be ideal for yards with multiple plantings and other obstacles.
WORX WG175 Cordless Grass Trimmer
There is very little not to like about this cordless string trimmer that can be converted into three different garden tools. You can easily trim weeds and tall grass, along with edging and mowing small areas. The cordless design lets you move around the yard and you also have the advantage of the adjustable shaft. Easy to use and featuring a lightweight design, this cordless trimmer is one of the top rated models for small and medium size yards.
- You have the advantage of being able to convert the string trimmer into a convenient edger and a small mower to keep your yard looking neat and tidy.
- The shaft can be adjusted to prevent back pain while you are using it.
- This cordless string trimmer is capable of cutting a 12 inch wide path through weeds and grass, and you also have the benefit of the automatic line feed.
- It should be noted that this string trimmer does not include a “bump” function for the line feed, which might not appeal to all consumers.
- Some consumers have mentioned that the mower has difficulty cutting thicker weeds, but this function is only designed to cut occasional long pieces of grass that might have been left behind.
Makita XRU02Z String Trimmer
You will appreciate the lightweight construction and ergonomic design that makes this one of the most comfortable string trimmers to operate. You also have the advantage of the cordless design, and the durable motor that is capable of 7,800 RPM to ensure maximum performance and a fast cutting time. This battery powered string trimmer features a pivoting head and a compact size that is ideal for smaller spaces. You can also adjust the length of the shaft to prevent back pain while you are working.
- This string trimmer is designed to fit easily in hard to reach places, and features a lightweight construction that is comfortable to use.
- You have the advantage of the powerful motor which can help you finish your yard chores quickly and easily.
- The head can pivot and be adjusted to 5 separate positions to ensure that all of the weeds and overgrowth is removed for a well maintained yard.
- It should be noted that the battery is not included with this string trimmer, and must be purchased separately.
- Some consumers have mentioned that the battery does not have enough power to finish larger yards, but this cordless string trimmer is only designed to function in small and mid size lawns.
Toro 51467 Cordless String Trimmer
Designed to be easy to operate and maintain, you will love how quickly you can finish your yard chores with this string trimmer. It is capable of cutting an 8 inch path through weeds and grass, and the shaft is ergonomically designed for comfortable use. An indicator light lets you know when the battery needs to be recharged, and you will also appreciate the included shield that helps to protect you from flying debris.
- You have the advantage of the protective shield that easily snaps on to protect you from flying debris.
- There is an indicator light that lets you know when it is time to recharge, so you can keep the string trimmer charged and ready to go.
- The included edging guide makes it easy to maneuver this yard tool for a perfect looking lawn.
- It should be noted that this cordless string trimmer is not adjustable, which might affect how comfortable it is to operate.
- Some consumers have mentioned that the shield does not stay attached, and this issue can be resolved by contacting customer service for a replacement part.
Latest posts by Jake.Zieglen (see all)
- GreenWorks 21332 G-MAX 40V 13-Inch Cordless String Trimmer Review - August 31, 2016
- Black & Decker MTC220 Cordless 3-in-1 Trimmer/Edger and Mower Review - September 28, 2015
- Remington RM2520 Wrangler Top 25cc String Trimmer for Home Use - May 30, 2015