Keeping your yard looking great doesn’t have to cost you a lot of money or time, if you have the right tools. One of the most convenient and functional lawn tools is a string trimmer, and there are hundreds of models to choose from. While the size of your yard will determine the type of string trimmer that is best for you, this doesn’t mean that you have to spend a small fortune. There are several affordable string trimmers that are also top rated for quality and performance, which is what you need from this versatile yard tool. Here are our favorite string trimmers that are affordable, dependable, and keep our yards looking great with minimal fuss.
Best String Trimmers for the Price
This affordable string trimmer is perfect for small yards and condos, and you will love its lightweight and durable construction. This string trimmer is designed to be easy to use, and since it relies on a continual source of electricity you never have to worry about running out of power before you finish your chores. Convenient to use and maneuver in tight spaces, it is easy to see why this is one of the best string trimmers for the price.
- Weighting only 5.2 lbs. this string trimmer will not cause back or shoulder pain during use.
- You have the advantage of the electric starter which means you never have to wait for the battery to charge or fuel to reach the carburetor.
- Capable of cutting a 13 inch path through weeds and grass this top rated string trimmer is ideal for smaller yards.
- It should be noted that this model is not designed to cut through large patches of heavy overgrowth.
- There is an automatic line feed on the trigger, which might not be ideal for consumers that prefer having more control with “bump and tap” models.
Black & Decker NST1118 Cordless Trimmer/ Edger
Keep your small yard neat and trimmed with this affordable trimmer and edger. The cordless design gives you plenty of freedom to move around your yard without worrying about unplugging the cord. The powerful 18 volt battery will last throughout your yard work, and you will appreciate the convenience of being able to convert this string trimmer into an edger. Easy to start and maneuver around tight places, you will love having the best looking yard in your neighborhood without having to put in hours of hard work.
- The shaft can be adjusted to a comfortable height to prevent back and shoulder pain while you are working.
- You will appreciate the power drive transmission that will maximize operating performance.
- This easy to use string trimmer also features a convenient switch that automatically switches the tool over to an edger.
- It should be noted that this string trimmer is only capable of cutting a 10″ path which might not be practical for larger lots.
- Some consumers have mentioned that since this model only uses a specific type of battery replacements can be difficult and time consuming.
Toro 51480 Corded Electric Trimmer/ Edger
This best priced string trimmer will easily keep yards up to an acre neat and trimmed with a minimal amount of work. You have the advantage of the easy start electric motor, and the wide cutting head that helps you quickly finish so you can get back to enjoying your day. The adjustable handle ensures a comfortable operating height, and you will love the convenience of being able to convert this trimmer into an edger.
- This affordably priced string trimmer is able to cut a 14 inch path through weeds and tall grass so you can quickly finish your yard chores for the day.
- You have the advantage of being able to convert the trimmer into an edger with the convenient switch.
- Automatic line feed ensures that you can quickly and evenly remove overgrowth without having to stop and advance the cutting string.
- It should be noted that this powerful string trimmer is corded, which might limit the distance it can be used.
- While this string trimmer is also designed to function as an edger, it might not be powerful enough to cut through thicker bramble.
Black & Decker ST7700 String Trimmer and Edger
Durable and affordable, this string trimmer is perfect for small and medium size yards. You will appreciate its ergonomic design which helps to prevent wrist fatigue during use, along with back and shoulder pain. The cutting head is specifically designed to reach tight places, so your entire yard has a manicured appearance. The powerful 4 amp motor is capable of 10,000 RMP, which can remove thicker patches of weeds and grass without any problems.
- The long power cord gives you plenty of reach, and you will also appreciate its design which helps to prevent accidental unplugging.
- You have the advantage of the versatile construction which lets you use this lawn tool as a string trimmer and edger.
- Weighing only 4 ½ lbs, its lightweight construction helps to prevent back pain while you are working.
- Some consumers have mentioned that the string can occasionally become stuck, though this generally only happens when the reel is about to run out.
- It has been noted that the line will continue to feed without stopping, but this minor issue can usually be resolved by tapping on the trigger.
Remington RM2510 Rustler Gas String Trimmer
This 2 cycle gas trimmer is not only powerful and reliable, it is also priced to fit almost any budget. It features a quick start motor that fires on the first pull, and the durable construction is designed to last through years of use. It is perfect for small landscaping jobs and maintaining larger yards. Remove over bushes and thick undergrowth without any problems, and the curved shaft helps to keep you comfortable while you are working.
- This affordable gas trimmer advances the line when bumped to give you more control.
- You will love how easy it is start this string trimmer on the first pull, and the included oil lets you get right to work in your yard.
- Capable of cutting a 17 inch path through tall weeds and grass, you will appreciate how quickly you finish your yard chores.
- Some consumers have mentioned that it might not always be convenient to add the mixture of gas and oil to this affordable lawn tool.
- It should be noted that this is a powerful gas trimmer, and might be too loud for some neighborhoods.
Latest posts by Jake.Zieglen (see all)
- GreenWorks 21332 G-MAX 40V 13-Inch Cordless String Trimmer Review - August 31, 2016
- Black & Decker MTC220 Cordless 3-in-1 Trimmer/Edger and Mower Review - September 28, 2015
- Remington RM2520 Wrangler Top 25cc String Trimmer for Home Use - May 30, 2015