Quality really does matter when you are looking for a durable string trimmer, and this means carefully considering the different brands. Name brand garden tools are generally constructed from durable materials, and are designed to last through several years of continual use. The top rated string trimmers often include convenient safety features that will protect you from cuts and other accidents that can occur when you are working out in the yard. To help make your decision a little easier, we have included brief reviews of the best string trimmer brands.
The Best Brands for String Trimmers
Black and Decker LCC140 String Trimmer
This lightweight string trimmer makes it easy to keep your lawn looking great, and features a convenient design that is comfortable to use. The trimmer also has the advantage of being able to convert into an edger, so you can keep walkways and driveways neat and trimmed. The 13 inch trimmer can easily cut through tall weeds and grass, and you will appreciate the long lasting lithium battery when you are working on larger yards.
- This lightweight string trimmer features the durable construction Black & Decker is known for, and includes a 40v lithium battery that is capable of running for up to 2 hours.
- The trimmer can easily maneuver around corners and the adjustable handle helps prevent back pain when you are working.
- You have the advantage of being able to convert this garden tool into a convenient edger that will also sweep away debris from your driveway and sidewalk.
- It should be noted that this string trimmer is only designed for small and mid size yards, and may not have enough power to clear additional acreage.
- Some consumers have mentioned that the charger is only designed to work with the included battery, which is rarely a problem since it is able to hold a charge up to 2 hours.
Husqvarna 224L 4 Stroke Gas String Trimmer
You will appreciate the fast starting system on this durable gas powered string trimmer that is designed to be easy to operate. You don’t have to spend time mixing fuel and oil, and the powerful 4 stroke engine can handle everything from weeds and grass to thicker bushes. Like all tools manufactured from Husqvarna, you also have the advantage of its durable and lightweight construction.
- The 4 stroke engine is easy to start, and you don’t have to spend time mixing fuel and oil.
- You will appreciate the lightweight construction when you are working on larger properties.
- Considered one of the best string trimmers from Husqvarna, you also have the advantage of being able to cut a 17 inch path through overgrowth.
- It should be noted that this is a gas powered string trimmer, and may be too loud to use in some areas.
- Some consumers have mentioned a rattling noise in the gas tank, but this is usually due to a bolt that only needs to be tightened.
DEWALT DCST990H1 String Trimmer
You would expect the best string trimmer from DEWALT to be durable, easy to operate, and dependable, which is exactly what you get with this lightweight model. The long lasting lithium battery ensures that you have plenty of power to finish your small yard, and you will appreciate its lightweight construction when you are working. Cut a 15 inch path through tall weeds and grass, and you also have the advantage of the automatic line feed.
- This string trimmer from DEWALT includes an adjustable trigger that lets you control the speed and noise.
- You have the advantage of the dual line feed which will cut through tall overgrowth more efficiently than other models.
- The gear drive is encased in a protective metal housing for long lasting performance.
- While this is one of the best lightweight string trimmers, some consumers have mentioned that it is slightly heavier than some similar models.
- It should be noted that this string trimmer does not include a guide wheel which might make it more difficult for some consumers to control.
Makita XRU02Z String Trimmer
Some of the best string trimmers are from Makita, which feature a lightweight and durable construction. This string trimmer is lightweight and easy to operate, and includes several convenient functions designed to make yard work quick and easy. Ideal for small yards and condos, you will appreciate the pivoting head when you are trimming in tight places.
- This lightweight string trimmer is perfect for smaller areas, and you will appreciate the ergonomically designed handle that also adjusts for comfort.
- The powerful motor is capable of a maximum 7,800 rpm so you can finish your yard chores faster and get back to enjoying your day.
- With the pivoting head you can easily trim overgrowth in tight spaces.
- It should be noted that the battery is not included with this string trimmer, and this additional purchase should be factored into your budget.
- Some consumers have mentioned that the string trimmer has difficulty with thick overgrowth, but this lawn tool is designed to be used in smaller yards.
WORX GT 2.0 WG160 String Trimmer
There is very little you can’t do with this string trimmer from WORX, which is also why it is consistently one of the top rated models. This convertible string trimmer can help you tackle your yard chores quickly and easily so you can get back to enjoying the rest of your day. Cut a 12 inch path through weeds and tall grass, and then convert this versatile lawn tool into an edger and even a small mower. You can easily have the best looking yard on the block with this 3 in 1 string trimmer.
- This is considered the best string trimmer for its versatile design that lets you use the tool as a edger and small mower.
- The powerful lithium battery has the advantage of a long running time so you can finish your yard work in one afternoon.
- You will appreciate the lightweight construction and the adjustable handle that will help prevent back and should pain.
- It should be noted that this string trimmer will only cut a 12 inch wide path, which might not be practical for larger yards.
- Some consumers have mentioned that this string trimmer might not be comfortable for people over 6′ to operate.
Latest posts by Ellen Swisher (see all)
- Black & Decker LCC300 20-volt Max String Trimmer Review - December 7, 2016
- The Best Walk Behind Weed Eater for an Easy Lawn Cleaning - August 6, 2016
- Makita XRU02Z 18V LXT String Trimmer Review - September 25, 2015