For a person who stays in a ranch or somewhere that has hard grass or weeds then it is important on the part of the home owner to get a walk behind weed eater. A lawn with thick grass and weeds can be very difficult when it comes to cleaning the same. You have to invest a lot of time and energy or hire a professional to get rid of the weeds or the thick grass. So to get rid of such weeds the best machine that can work wonders is the walk behind weed eater.
Walk behind weed eater is somewhat a combination of both string weed cutter and lawn mower and does all kinds of both the works. But it is specifically made for the thick grass and weeds in the lawn. There are various kinds of walk behind weed eater available in the market. But choosing the right one can be difficult. To more about the here are some of the reviews about the best walk behind weed eater available at present.
Ariens 946152 173cc Gas 22 in. Walk-Behind String Trimmer
This particular walk behind weed eater has engine that has a power of about 6 HP 173 cc Kohler XT-7 for a better all-round performance. The cutting width of this particular walk behind the weed eater is about 22 inches and clears thick grass and weed in single slosh. The height of the same is adjustable up to 4 positions for cutting various grass of different heights. It also has a rotating trimmer of about 15 degrees that helps in trimming grasses from the tough places. It also has steel pivot that provides an elevated durability.
- The engine is very powerful.
- The heights can be adjusted.
- It gets rid of grasses and weeds from the tough places.
- Some of the customers had a problem with the handle of the same.
Husqvarna HU625HWT 22-Inch 190cc Briggs & Stratton 625 Series High Wheel Walk Behind String Trimmer
This particular weed eater cab be adjusted accordingly for grass height of about 1.6 to 3 inches in height. The engine of the same is 190cc Briggs and Stratton made. It reaches those areas where it is not easy for a lawn mower or hand held trimmer to go and work.
- It is easy to operate the same.
- Cuts wet as well as dry grasses easily.
- Gets rid of grasses from the tough areas.
- It is for large lawns.
- It lasts for a very long time.
- It is tough.
- The top of the weed eater is very happy which might be a bit of problem.
Cub Cadet 22 in. 159 cc Gas Walk-Behind String Trimmer
It is a very powerful made weed eater in the market with an engine capacity of about 159cc and cuts tall grass as well as weed. It has auto choke technology that starts the engine without priming. The cutting capacity of the weed eater is about 22 inches and that too with an adjustable heights depending on the need of the cutting. The weed eater is designed in such a way that it reaches to the fence posts and lines. Its wheels are very smooth attached with ball bearings. Storing the same is also an easy task. It has debris or dust shield that helps in protecting the operator of the same.
- Setting up of the same is an easy task.
- The wheel of the weed eater is very smooth.
- It is easy to store.
- The height of the same can be adjusted depending on the grass cutting need.
- It is durable.
- The cutting power of the weed eater is very good.
- Its engine is very powerful.
- The front globe of the weed eater might create a bit of problem to the uneven surface or terrain.
Swisher 22 in. 6.75 Gross Torque Walk-Behind Gas String Trimmer
This particular walk behind weed eater has cutting width of about 22 inches and engine equipped with the Briggs and Stratton gross torque of about 1.75. The trimmer of the same is maintenance free. It has about 14 inches of wheels and the control of the operator helps in better safety and control of the machine. The cutting line of the same is diamond shaped. It includes, manuals, oil, strings and even goggles for safety and the finish of the weed eater is power coated. The weed eater starts easily thanks to the rewind starter which is large. The handle helps in storing the same.
- Storing the weed eater is very easy because of the handle which are adjustable.
- It comes with various accessories.
- It starts easily.
- The engine of the weed eater is very good.
- The size of the same is also great.
- The handle might be a source of problem while using the same.
The above list contains some of the best walk behind weed eaters available in the market. But there are many more to avail from.
Latest posts by Ellen Swisher (see all)
- Black & Decker LCC300 20-volt Max String Trimmer Review - December 7, 2016
- The Best Walk Behind Weed Eater for an Easy Lawn Cleaning - August 6, 2016
- Makita XRU02Z 18V LXT String Trimmer Review - September 25, 2015